Sips & Bites is a new section featuring bite-sized information on new restaurants and bars including what’s on in Sydney. This new feature replaces the monthly “New Restaurant and Bars Openings” and is published on a regular basis.
Set to open early August, Leadbelly has taken over the Vanguard in Newtown. Owners Luke O’Donohoe and Zac Davis (of Tipple Bar in Surry Hills) along with Licensee and Bar Manager Ben McFarlane (ex Merivale) offering live music and bar menu.
42 King St Newtown
Tequila Mockingbird Paddington
Latin American flavours are coming to Paddington when Tequila Mockingbird opens to the public in Five Ways Paddington on August 10. Expect Latin American-inspired food with a solid tequila selection and cocktails.
6 Heeley St, Paddington (Five Ways)
Tuxedo The Rocks
Sydney is to get a bar dedicated to the Espresso Martini by the owners of Kansas City Shuffle. The location is the old Cadbury factory in the Rocks which hosted a Bruce Lee dumpling pop up earlier this year. The menu includes six versions of the coffee cocktail along with American-inspired bar food. The bar is set to open on Friday, August 12.
Tuxedo, 195 Gloucester St, The Rocks
The Business of Bars Conference @ Sydney Bar Week 2016
Mark your diaries for Sydney Bar Week running from 17 to 20 September 2016 with a host of activities, seminars and parties. The Business of Bars Conference will be returning on Monday 19 September from 12pm to 4.30pm at the Whisky Room in the Clock Hotel. Here are the conference topics:
12.15pm to 1pm – Say it Right! Getting Results in the Media
1.15pm to 2pm – From Bartender to Bar Owner
2.15pm to 3pm – To Theme or not to Theme?
3.15pm to 4pm – Running In-House Events at your Bar
I will be speaking with a panel of experts in Say it Right! Getting Results in the Media. on what it takes to guarantee FB Likes, Instagram followers or column inches for your venue. Listen to some successful bar owners and media personalities break it down:
- Amy Cooper (Journalist, Sun Herald)
- Corinne Mossati (Founder, Gourmantic)
- Tash Conte (Owner, Black Pearl)
- Sven Almenning (MD, The Speakeasy Group)
- Hosted by David Spanton (founder, Bartender Magazine)
Cost: $25 for 1, $80 for all 4.
Cocktails & Bars Turns One
On a celebratory note, on this day one year ago, we launched our sister website Cocktails & Bars! Gourmantic’s one year old sibling has been flying high ever since with over 190 articles and a solid social media following that has been growing exponentially. Check us out at Cocktails & Bars, and if you’re into #cocktailporn, follow us on C&B’s Instagram account.
Ghostboy Cantina @ Tio’s Cerveceria
Tio’s Cerveceria newest incumbent, Ghostboy Cantina has taken up residence at Surry Hills’ specialist tequila bar. The menu includes Goat & Lamb Birria Torta with salsa verde, pickled red onions and chicharrones (pictured above) along with with a vegetarian Mushroom option.
- Ceru in Potts Point has closed less than a year after it opened. According to its instagram, it is moving to a new location.
- Another one to close in less than a year, Silvereye Restaurant in the Old Clare Hotel will close on August 27.
- Rockpool has now closed with Eleven Bridge to take its place.
- The first of the Texas-style barbecue ‘Up in Smoke’ events with Dan the Man is on this Friday 5 August.
- Under the weather? Here’s a whisky hot toddy to make at home.
- Osaka Trading Co., a new restaurant and bar with a focus on seafood and cocktails from the owners-operators of Tokyo Bird is set to open on 22 September at Tramsheds Harold Park. Also at Tramsheds: Bekya Middle Eastern Kitchen
- The Swinging Cat has launched a new cocktail list using cold-pressed spirits.
- Specialist gin bar, Moya’s Juniper Lounge has a new brunch offering with a spicy Red Snapper.
- Travelling to Tokyo? Here are the Best Tokyo Bars to put on your hit list.
Opening a new restaurant or bar? Contact us here.
This article is posted on Gourmantic.com - All rights reserved - Copyright © 2017.