Established in 2009, Gourmantic is an online magazine with a focus on restaurants and bars, spirits and wine, food and travel. The website has a solid Australian and international readership and appeals to discerning diners and social drinkers, independent travellers, consumers and industry professionals who are interested in quality articles, experience-based reviews and independent recommendations.
Gourmantic was founded by Corinne Mossati, Founder/Editor and Principal Writer and Kevin Burke, Co-Founder, Photographer and Contributor. We also have regular contributors who provide content on behalf of Gourmantic. Meet our contributors here.
Corinne has taken pen to paper since the age of five. Her repertoire includes long works of fiction, short stories, travelogues and a novel in progress. She is also a freelance writer. After successful careers in Optometry, Human Resource Management and IT Project Management, she founded Gourmantic in 2009 and Cocktails & Bars in 2015.
Credentials, Accolades and Awards
- Featured in NEW YORK TIMES feature article on Toby Smith of Toby’s Estate
- Featured in NEW YORK TIMES travel article on Paris Vineyard
- Featured in USA Today Travel on Dubai
- Featured in Sydney Morning Herald for Glenmorangie Secret Society
- Featured in Executive Style on Top 10 Cocktail Trends 2015
- Featured in Wikipedia for: Australian Film Walk of Fame, Champagne Stemware, Wedding Cake Island
- Featured in HARPERS Wine & Spirits Magazine for Champagne Summit Social Media 2012
- Best Online Foodie Magazine 2014 by Hotel Club’s Australia’s Best Food Bloggers 2014 (link)
- Sponsor of the Best Bar Food Award in the Australian Bartender Awards for 2014
- Selected as media partner for Omnivore Sydney 2014 food festival
- Featured in Hotel Club’s Australia’s Top Food / Travel Bloggers (link)
- Awarded Urbanspoon Prime Status and listed in the Top 10 Sydney Food Blogs.
- Featured on several restaurant websites and in spirit reviews (eg The Glenlivet)
- Nominated for Best Australian Blogs 2011
- Named as Best Foodie Travel Site by Iglu Cruise (link)
- Featured in 50 Amazing Food & Travel Blogs by Culinary Arts Colleges (link)
- Contributed to Travel Secrets eBooks, a global project that donated $1 for every download to Charity Water which brought fresh water to Abay Tshihdi Village in Ethiopia.
- Named in the biannual Australian Bartender Most Influential List in 2013 and 2015
- Published in Executive Style by Fairfax
- Judged the Australasian Whisky Awards
- Member of The World’s 50 Best Bars Academy (link) and has judged World’s 50 Best Bars in three consecutive years
- Founder/Editor of the new Cocktails & Bars website
- Contributing writer for Citibank Dining citibankdining.com.au
- Contributing Photographer for World Class 50 definitivedrinkingguide.com
- Judged various national cocktail competitions including Angostura Rum, Mezcal Amores, Laird’s Applejack, No 3 Gin Fizz, Mix It to Fix It (2013 & 2104), Australian Bartenders Guild (2013 & 2014), Choya Umeshu (2014), Bacardi Legacy 2014, Monkey Shoulder Ultimate Bartender (2014), Jack Daniel’s /ABG Ultimate Cocktail (2014)
- Speaker at Publicity & Media Workshop during Bar Week 2014
- First Prize Winner in Grantourismo Food & Travel Writing Competition
- Guest Article: Trains, Art and Eateries at London’s St Pancras Station on Trains on the Brain
- Guest Article: A New Culinary Experience at Westfield Sydney on The Urban Grocer website (now closed)
- Contributor to Uptake Travel Gems website (now closed)
- Featured in bar industry parody video, Sh!t People Say to Aussie Bartenders
Read the full bio of Corinne Mossati here.
- Photography featured in various print and online publications including:
- Australian Bartender Magazine
- Executive Style
- CIVC Champagne Tasting (link)
- Wolf Blass Wines
Our content is solely based on positive experiences. If a product has failed to impress, we do not give it publicity. As a business, some articles are the result of an invitation or sponsorship. Our editorial is not influenced by the acceptance of any product, invitation or advertising. We strongly value our editorial integrity, our readers’ trust and the reputation we have built by sharing honest and positive content.
Unless it is otherwise stated, all content on this website is the Copyright of Gourmantic.com. All rights are reserved. No content on this website, including but not limited to text, photographs and images may be copied or reproduced without our prior explicit written consent. Photographs are available for purchase.
(Updated January 2016)
This article is posted on Gourmantic.com - All rights reserved - Copyright © 2016.